The Mayor’s Office and the Village Board, in recognition of the essential nature of restaurant establishments to the local economy, is allowing applications for temporary outdoor dining use through December 31, 2020. Temporary outdoor dining is intended to allow restaurants to open while maintaining appropriate social distancing. Only registered places of Public Assembly with a valid Village of Cedarhurst use permit will be considered.
Applications can be submitted by emailing the application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for temporary outdoor dining, through December 31, 2020, shall include the following:
- Complete the Outdoor Dining Application form (see below).
- Download a copy of our Outdoor Seating Plan. Fill in the indicated areas showing the proposed location of outdoor tables and chairs, and the maximum number of outdoor seats. The seating plan must maintain appropriate social distancing standards.
- You can either upload the completed form by clicking “choose file” or you can print the plan and submit it to Village Hall with your completed Application form.
- The License Fee shall be waived for all applications received Through July 31, 2020.
- An inspection by a Village of Cedarhurst Inspector is required prior to the issuance of a license and the opening of outdoor dining.
- The Outdoor Dining permit and a copy of the approved outdoor seating plan must be displayed in entry window of the eating establishment.
- Tables and chairs must be removed from the sidewalk by 11 PM and stored indoors.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact the Building Department at 516.295.5770 or email at email@example.com.
We look forward seeing you and your family