Our 2021 Parade will bring special recognition and honor to those who have served our country and made the ultimate sacrifice. We are inviting community organizations to join us in recognizing their contribution by participating in the Parade and a brief Memorial Service. The Parade will take place on Sunday, May 30th at 10 am (rain date Monday, May 31st) with a Memorial Service immediately following in the Andrew J. Parise Park, Cedarhurst.
Please fill out the below form by Friday, May 14, 2021. You will receive your confirmation and instructions by mail (or email). If you have any questions, please call 516.295.5770, ask for JoMarie or Anthony. If you are including a float, please send a picture/drawing to JoMarie@cedarhurst.gov.
All parade participants must be at their designated staging area at the designated time.
- Participants must wear a mask. If you are marching please allow 6’ of space between each member.
- All Memorial Day Parade participants must have a patriotic theme to their unit or float.
- Participants are not allowed to throw candy or other items into the crowd. Groups marching or driving are not allowed to hold up the parade by passing out items to the crowd. Groups approved to be in the parade may only pass out items at the curb with permission from the Parade Committee, but never in a manner to hold up the parade. To secure permission call 516.295.5770.
- Parade entries shall maintain their designated position in the parade, the gap between entries shall be no more than 2 car lengths (about 20 feet).
- Movement of the parade is forward. DO NOT stop in front of the reviewing stand.
- All school marching groups participants must wear coordinated attire.
- Talking on mobile devices is strongly discouraged.
- Parade units that include children must have adequate adult supervision.
- No obscene, vulgar, violent displays, unbecoming conduct or vulgar language by either spoken or written word will be allowed.
- Parade entrants are responsible for the security of their apparatus up to, during and after the parade.
- No spraying of water or other liquids from units. No spraying of silly string or similar product.
- No blowing of sirens or vehicle horns in the parade.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed on any participant or in any vehicle.
- All towing vehicles must properly secure their float with safety chains and appropriate hitch lock.
- Float sponsor advertising is limited to 25% of signage used on the float.
- No persons hanging over the sides of floats or vehicles.
- No jumping onto or off of any parade apparatus, moving or stopped, during the course of the parade.
- No vehicles or banners are allowed to accompany your organization without the prior approval by the parade committee.
- Drivers of a parade vehicle must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license and class rating suitable for the vehicle being driven. Drivers in parade must have valid vehicle insurance.