The LIRR informed the Village that on Saturday May 15th – Sunday May 16th and again on Saturday May 22nd – Sunday May 23rd it will be performing a switch replacement in Valley Stream.
- While this work is being performed, train service along the Far Rockaway branch will be suspended in both directions.
- Going westbound, customers at stations Far Rockaway thru Gibson will board buses or vans, then transfer to westbound trains at Valley Stream Station. Buses will depart up to 30 minutes earlier than usual train times.
- Going eastbound, customers will board Long Beach-bound trains to Valley Stream and exit for bus service to stations Gibson thru Far Rockaway. Please plan for up to 30 minutes of additional travel time.
- Overnights (both directions): During the overnight periods, some buses will run between Far Rockaway and Jamaica.
- Along the Long Beach branch, westbound trains will depart up to 20 minutes earlier than usual train times. Additionally, all eastbound and westbound Long Beach trains will stop at Valley Stream, Rosedale, Laurelton, and Locust Manor.
- Along the West Hempstead Branch all eastbound and westbound trains will originate and terminate at Jamaica Station, and run express between Jamaica and Westwood Station (no stops at Valley Stream).
There will be NO train service to or from St. Albans station.
- As an alternative, customers travelling from points west of St. Albans will board eastbound Babylon trains and detrain at Lynbrook, where a bus will take them west to St. Albans.
- Customers travelling from points east of Lynbrook will take a Babylon train to Lynbrook where they will board a bus to take them to St. Albans.
- We encourage you to check here for a list of the full impacts and changes. Please also consult the LIRR TrainTime app for the most up to date information.
*Work is weather dependent, dates are subject to change to take advantage of favorable conditions