On Saturday August 28th the LIRR will be conducting concrete tie installation work, which will result in the suspension of service along the Far Rockaway Branch, along with some additional service impacts on other branches.
- While this work is being performed, train service along the Far Rockaway branch will be suspended in both directions.
- Going westbound, customers at stations Far Rockaway thru Gibson will board buses or vans, then transfer to westbound trains at Valley Stream Station. Buses will depart up to 30 minutes earlier than usual train times. Trains from Rosedale, Laurelton, and Locust Manor will depart up to 20 minutes earlier than usual.
- Going eastbound, board Long Beach-bound trains for service to Locust Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, and Valley Stream. For service east of Valley Stream, board Far Rockaway Branch trains, exit at Valley Stream, and transfer for connecting bus service to stations Gibson thru Far Rockaway. Please plan for up to 30 minutesof additional travel time.
- Along the Long Beach branch, westbound trains will depart up to 20 minutes earlier than usual train times. Additionally, all eastbound and westbound Long Beach trains will stop at Valley Stream, Rosedale, Laurelton, and Locust Manor.
- Along the West Hempstead Branch all eastbound and westbound trains will originate and terminate at Jamaica Station, and run express between Jamaica and Westwood Station (no stops at Valley Stream).
- We encourage you to check here for a list of the full impacts and changes. Please also consult the LIRR TrainTime app for the most up to date information.
*Work is weather dependent, dates are subject to change to take advantage of favorable conditions