Most of the time our regularly scheduled trash pickup will handle all of your day-to-day household garbage. When it can’t, Sanitary District 1 offers a safe and efficient solution for disposing of multiple or bulky items.
Before placing your bulk items to the curb, you must schedule a pickup date by calling Sanitary District 1 at 516-239-5600 or fill out their online form. If not, the bulk items will sit in front of your home for days or even weeks.
Here are some guidelines to follow before placing your bulk items to the curb:
- Bulk items should be placed at the curb in front of your house no earlier than 12 hours prior to your scheduled collection date.
- Bulk items cannot be placed on the curb on Friday afternoon, Saturday or before any federal holiday.
- All loose trash must be bagged, if not these items can be blown throughout our Village and even clog our street drains.
- Branches and other prunings or boards must be bundled and securely tied or bagged.
- Exposed nails, screws and other sharp projections must be pounded down or removed.
The following items are not accepted for regular or bulk pickup:
- Automotive Tires
- Flammable Liquids
- Motor Oil & Lubricants
- Car Batteries
- Construction Debris
If you have any questions, contact sanitary District One at 516-239-5600 or online at www.sanitarydistrict1.com